Sausage Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
These hors d'oeurves are oh-so-good! For fun variations, I sometimes substitute venison or crabmeat for the pork sausage in the stuffing. —Sheryl Siemonsma, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- 2. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 103 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Appetizers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC