Sausage Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
"These hors d'oeurves are oh-so-good!" writes Sheryl Siemonsma from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. "For fun variations, I sometimes substitute venison or crabmeat for the pork sausage in the stuffing."
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Appetizers in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p44
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Appetizers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cajun Appetizers >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Appetizers >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >