- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Appetizers
Sort By :
Rave reviews for this one! I did not have Cajun seasoning, so used some of our favorite ones with the spicy brown mustard. I have used different flavors of sausage to change tastes... Italian sweet, Hot sausage, etc. All are good. I make this for all family parties & birthday celebrations by request!