Sausage Mozzarella Supper Recipe
- 20 pounds link or bulk Italian sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 3 gallons spaghetti sauce
- 16 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 12 pounds spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 5 pounds part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 pounds shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In several large skillets, brown sausage; drain. In several large stockpots, combine the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, tomato juice, onions, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in sausage.
- 2. Grease eight 6-qt. baking dishes. Layer half of the noodles, sliced cheese and meat sauce in pans. Repeat layers. Sprinkle shredded cheese equally over each pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 150-175 servings.
1 cup: 283 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 821mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Sausage Mozzarella Supper
"As you notice, giving 4 stars for this recipe. Have not ever made, but plan to, of course, scaling down to serve 4. Thank you for sharing recipe!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.