"Experimenting with recipes, especially soups, is my favorite hobby," notes Judy Wolters of Atchison, Kansas. "We love this easy healthy soup. I've made it often when time is at a premium."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 pound fully cooked turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery, 1/4 cup water and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, noodles, cabbage, bouillon, basil, oregano, sugar and remaining water. Cover and microwave on high for 11-13 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring twice. Add sausage; cook 2 minutes longer. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Minestrone in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p57
Reviews for Sausage Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
"I did not really care for this soup. The only flavor was salt from the kielbasa."