"My husband and I enjoy pasta, so after I discovered low-fat Italian turkey sausage at the supermarket, I came up with this chunky sauce," says Shirley Meletes of Lehigh Acres, Florida
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place sausages in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until browned, turning twice. Cool; slice sausages and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano, pepper and reserved sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta. Serve sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Marinara Over Pasta in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p48
Reviews for Sausage Marinara Over Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2010
"This is a great recipe for serving with guests. I use Italian sausage, grill it, and slice into thin coins. I can keep the sause warm in a crock pot for serving guests. This is my sons favoriet recipe"