Sausage Manicotti Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a shell reads 160°.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Manicotti(30)
Sort By :
The preparation was a bit time consuming but it was well worth it. I used spicy sausage and my fiance and i ate almost the entire pan in one sitting! Will be making this dish regularly c:
Extremely simple, and the best tasting. I will positively make this again
I love this recipe it is so simple but really good it's my roommates favorite :)
Oh-- I also use the reduced fat cottage cheese.
I make this all of the time! This is an easy, fast, and filling recipe that my family loves. I use turkey sausage and sugar free Ragu to reduce fat and calories. I also only use 1/2 the amount of cheese. It turns out great every time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >