This classic Italian entree comes together in a snap, but tastes like it took hours. “It's so tasty and easy to fix,” writes Carolyn Henderson of Maple Plain, Minnesota. “My family always enjoys it.”
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff into
- manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top
- with marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer inserted into the center of a shell reads 160°.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.