Sausage Manicotti Recipe
This classic Italian entree comes together in a snap, but tastes like it took hours. “It's so tasty and easy to fix,” writes Carolyn Henderson of Maple Plain, Minnesota. “My family always enjoys it.”
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with marinara sauce.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a shell reads 160°.
- 3. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC