- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a shell reads 160°.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Manicotti
Sort By :
"My first review since this recipe was soooo good. Five Ingredients and 15 minute prep time could not be easier. I used Ricotta instead of Cottage Cheese - it was perfect.My simple approach: Mix, by hand, the Ricotta and uncooked bulk pork sausage in a bowl and then stuff those two ingredients into the shell. Layer with the marinara (I used sausage flavored spaghetti sauce) on a greased cookie sheet, cover with foil and bake. Add mozzarella toward the end of the baking so it will melt. Could not be easier. Thanks to original poster for this recipe!!!With my approach and not using any light ingredients, I calculated about 225 calories for each manicotti."
"I prepared this for my girl friend and used Classico Italian sausage pasta sauce. This was absolutely delicious. At my friend's suggestion I'll use Ricotta cheese next time."
"The preparation was a bit time consuming but it was well worth it. I used spicy sausage and my fiance and i ate almost the entire pan in one sitting! Will be making this dish regularly c:"
"Extremely simple, and the best tasting. I will positively make this again"
"I love this recipe it is so simple but really good it's my roommates favorite :)"