- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cottage cheese. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with marinara sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a shell reads 160°.
- Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Manicotti
Sort By :
I prepared this for my girl friend and used Classico Italian sausage pasta sauce. This was absolutely delicious. At my friend's suggestion I'll use Ricotta cheese next time.
The preparation was a bit time consuming but it was well worth it. I used spicy sausage and my fiance and i ate almost the entire pan in one sitting! Will be making this dish regularly c:
Extremely simple, and the best tasting. I will positively make this again
I love this recipe it is so simple but really good it's my roommates favorite :)
Oh-- I also use the reduced fat cottage cheese.