- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add macaroni and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in chili sauce and milk; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Macaroni Skillet
Sort By :
Loved the simplicity and great outcome. I was distracted and added too much evapo milk so I put in a couple of slices of american cheese to compensate. Turned out very cheesy. I'll probably experiment with adding some other veggies, perhaps less chili sauce to cut down on sweetness a bit. Perfect recipe to make as is or tailor to suit different tastes. Thanks! :)
Very easy work-night meal! I used whole-wheat macaroni to add a little "healthiness" to the meal and cooked it for a couple minutes longer. I do love Italian sausage and these days, it's a bit less expensive than ground beef.
This is a very quick, easy and tasty dish. For those of you that didn't care for the evaporated milk, you can try regular milk.
This was delicious - I used hamburger instead of Italian sausage (only because I didn't have any sausage), and also omitted the onions. It was easy, quick and also great heated up for lunch today!
Such an easy, tasty recipe! The chili sauce adds such a perfect sweet taste. Also, One pan = less dishes = a very happy girl! However, I did change one thing. I am not a big fan of Italian sausage so I used ground beef and I think it still turned out delightful.