Sausage Macaroni Skillet
Evaporated milk and chili sauce lend a touch of creamy sweetness that kids of all ages will really go for in this comforting and hearty skillet meal. Phyllis Schmalz - Kansas City, Kansas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add macaroni and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 7-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in chili
- sauce and milk; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 603 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,263 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a