Evaporated milk and chili sauce lend a touch of creamy sweetness that kids of all ages will really go for in this comforting and hearty skillet meal. Phyllis Schmalz - Kansas City, Kansas
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add macaroni and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in chili sauce and milk; heat through.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Macaroni Skillet in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p22
Reviews for Sausage Macaroni Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review