Sausage Macaroni Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, onion, oregano and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and 2 tablespoons cheese. Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Macaroni Bake
Sort By :
"I really liked this dish. Simply and tasty. I added red pepper flakes for some heat. I will definitely be making this again."
"I didn't care for this, but my husband did. Since the recipe makes just a small dish and is pretty easy, I'm happy to make it for him again. I used hot Italian sausage and grated fresh Parmesan cheese, both of which added good flavor to the casserole."
"I've made this one twice now. I have to say i was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried it. I had figured it would have no flavor, but it's very flavorful. Nice, easy, quick recipe!"
"I also 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 basil and a can of diced tomatoes (omitting the 1/2 cup water). (Measurements in this comment are for the recipe above and not the double recipe I cooked.)"