Sausage Mac Supper
“This recipe was given to me by my sister many years ago,” notes Anna Sheppard of Franklin, North Carolina. “My husband loves sausage, and this hearty entree is easy to assemble, I fix it often.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned;
- remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in
- butter until tender. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese;
- cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 665 calories, 41 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,906 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.