Sausage Mac Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper. Stir in macaroni and sausage; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 665 calories, 41 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,906 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer