- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper. Stir in macaroni and sausage; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Mac Supper
"We really liked this, and it will definitely be a regular in my rotation. Not too spicy for my little kids, but enough for my husband (he did add some hot pepper sauce, but he adds that to everything)."
"I followed the recipe exactly with no substitutions & found it to be on the bland side. Substituting spaghetti sauce or a can of tomatoes with jalapenos for the tomato sauce might liven it up."
"i was skeptical but tried it out anyway boy am glad i did this had a delicious flavor to it will definatley be making it a reg meal in our home"
"easy to make and was excellent flovors. Will become a regular in my house."