- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper. Stir in macaroni and sausage; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Mac Supper
Sort By :
We really liked this, and it will definitely be a regular in my rotation. Not too spicy for my little kids, but enough for my husband (he did add some hot pepper sauce, but he adds that to everything).
I followed the recipe exactly with no substitutions & found it to be on the bland side. Substituting spaghetti sauce or a can of tomatoes with jalapenos for the tomato sauce might liven it up.
i was skeptical but tried it out anyway boy am glad i did this had a delicious flavor to it will definatley be making it a reg meal in our home
Easy to make and was excellent flovors. Will become a regular in my house.