Sausage Lentil Soup Recipe
I first tasted this wonderful soup at a friend's house. Now it's my favorite, especially on a cool, crisp autumn night here in Colorado.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup country-style or regular Dijon mustard
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and crumble sausage; return to Dutch oven along with remaining ingredients except mustard. Simmer, covered, 1 hour or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir in mustard. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 192 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Lentil Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC