- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup country-style or regular Dijon mustard
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and crumble sausage; return to Dutch oven along with remaining ingredients except mustard. Simmer, covered, 1 hour or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir in mustard. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Lentil Soup(5)
Sort By :
Very good and very easy. I didn't have lentils so use a sprouted bean trio and it worked just as well. Next time I might reduce the amount of mustard as it was almost overpowering the other flavours.
This is our favorite lentil soup. We have been eating it since it first came out back in the 90's. A great, easy soup.
Hearty and delicious. I loved it! We did celery instead of green pepper and some extra garlic. Will definetly make this again!
My husband's favorite soup for many years. I always make a huge batch so I can freeze extras.
i ALSO MAKE THIS RECIPE...WE LOVE IT! HEARTY ENOUGH FOR DINNER WITH A SALAD AND BREAD VLF, FLORIDA