- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup country-style or regular Dijon mustard
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat and crumble sausage; return to Dutch oven along with remaining ingredients except mustard. Simmer, covered, 1 hour or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir in mustard. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Lentil Soup(4)
Sort By :
This is our favorite lentil soup. We have been eating it since it first came out back in the 90's. A great, easy soup.
Hearty and delicious. I loved it! We did celery instead of green pepper and some extra garlic. Will definetly make this again!
My husband's favorite soup for many years. I always make a huge batch so I can freeze extras.
i ALSO MAKE THIS RECIPE...WE LOVE IT! HEARTY ENOUGH FOR DINNER WITH A SALAD AND BREAD VLF, FLORIDA