Sausage Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, egg, parsley, rosemary, lemon juice, thyme, lemon peel, pepper and salt. Drain noodles. Spread 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each noodle; carefully roll up.
- 4. Spread 2/3 cup meat sauce into each of two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Place roll-ups seam side down over sauce. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 lasagna roll equals 380 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,113 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Lasagna Rolls
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.