My family has enjoyed this delicious Cajun recipe for many years. —Lizzie Whitten, Oak Grove, Louisiana
- 12 small pork sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In heavy skillet, saute the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and ham; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jambalaya in Country February/March 1991, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review