Sausage Hot Dish Recipe
I normally don't cook foods in the microwave, but this meal is the exception! The flavorful combination of ground beef and sausage makes it unique. We like it a lot. --Carol Rydman, Midland, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble half of the beef into a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Layer with half of the potatoes, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with half of the thyme, salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Pour water over top. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 16 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon over beef mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Heat 30 seconds longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 358 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC