- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble half of the beef into a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Layer with half of the potatoes, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with half of the thyme, salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Pour water over top. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 16 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon over beef mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Heat 30 seconds longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Hot Dish in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p171
Reviews for Sausage Hot Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review