"We always have plenty of pork sausage around, so when I need a quick supper, I use this handy recipe," relates Virginia Krites of Cridersville, Ohio. "The colorful vegetables give this dish a perky look to match its flavor."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the onion, carrots and green pepper; cook until
- tender. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.