I created this easy and quick recipe by trying to work with what I had in the refrigerator. I often serve this hearty hash for brunch. Regular or spicy sausage can be used and red potatoes make it more colorful.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and mushrooms in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in the sausage, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Hash in Reminisce February/March 2009, p 51
Reviews for Sausage Hash Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review