Sausage Hash Skillet
I created this easy and quick recipe by trying to work with what I had in the refrigerator. I often serve this hearty hash for brunch. Regular or spicy sausage can be used and red potatoes make it more colorful.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no
- longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and mushrooms in butter
- until potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in the sausage, salt and
- pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 539 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.