- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups cheese and the next seven ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Hash Brown Bake
"This is a delicious recipe. Adding the sausage really gives it flavor. It tastes great when reheated. Will keep this recipe handy."
"For this recipe is it the premade french onion dip or can you make your own. It sounds like a good recipe. So i wiil give it four stars for now from the reveiws i have just read. Until i try it"
"Love it! instead of buying the hashbrowns, peppers, and onion separately, I buy hashbrowns o'brien. cuts time and expense"
"Yummy! This is easy to make a day or two in advance and just keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. My family likes this made with spicy italian sausage."
"I wanted eggs in mine so I scrambled 12 eggs and put a layer of eggs on top of the sausage and under the top layer of potato mix. I also lightened it by using light cream of chicken soup, light sour cream, and reduced fat cheese. It looked a lot like the pic and is a definite keeper here."
"Have made this recipe many times and everyone really enjoys it. Have also used cream of potato, and cream of mushroom soups and they are good as well."