- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups cheese and the next seven ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Hash Brown Bake
Sort By :
I have been making this dish since it came out in the magazine 12 years ago for my first time hosting of a day after Christmas breakfast. I make it for pot lucks and special occasions it is my families favorite dish.
Love this recipe!!! It's quick and easy!! It's my family holiday breakfast and weekend!! Potluck breakfast for work!!
I have made this dozens of times with lots of requests for the recipe! We all love it.
I use ground beef sometimes for a potluck dinner affair. Great recipe!
Love it! instead of buying the hashbrowns, peppers, and onion separately, I buy hashbrowns o'brien. cuts time and expense
Yummy! This is easy to make a day or two in advance and just keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. My family likes this made with spicy italian sausage.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >