Sausage Hash Brown Bake
Pork sausage is sandwiched between layers of hash browns flavored with cream of chicken soup and French onion dip. Cheddar cheese tops the all-in-one breakfast casserole from Esther Wrinkles of Vanzant, Missouri.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups
- cheese and the next seven ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with
- sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 382 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium,