- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups cheese and the next seven ingredients; fold in potatoes.
- Spread half into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with sausage and remaining potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Hash Brown Bake
"This is a delicious recipe. Adding the sausage really gives it flavor. It tastes great when reheated. Will keep this recipe handy."
"Made this for Christmas breakfast....this is one that went into my personal recipe box....everyone Loved it! we had a small bit left over, it tastes great reheated on stove or in microwave...def a must keep."
"For this recipe is it the premade french onion dip or can you make your own. It sounds like a good recipe. So i wiil give it four stars for now from the reveiws i have just read. Until i try it"
"I have been making this dish since it came out in the magazine 12 years ago for my first time hosting of a day after Christmas breakfast. I make it for pot lucks and special occasions it is my families favorite dish."
"Love this recipe!!! It's quick and easy!! It's my family holiday breakfast and weekend!! Potluck breakfast for work!!"