Sausage Ham Loaves Recipe
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 8 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1. In a several large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into four loaves; place each in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/2 cup over each ham loaf; bake for 30 minutes.
- 4. Pour remaining glaze over loaves; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 loaves (12 servings each).
1 slice: 373 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Sausage Ham Loaves
"How well does this freeze? And how long can you keep this in your freezer?"