Sausage Ham Loaves Recipe
This savory ham loaf was requested often when I served on our church's hostess committee. When our pastor got married, he wanted the ham loaf for his rehearsal dinner, with triple the glaze. The ham and pork sausage add mouthwatering flavor, and the glaze is nice and tangy.—Esther Martin Goshen, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 8 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1. In a several large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into four loaves; place each in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/2 cup over each ham loaf; bake for 30 minutes.
- 4. Pour remaining glaze over loaves; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 loaves (12 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 373 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC