This savory ham loaf was requested often when I served on our church's hostess committee. When our pastor got married, he wanted the ham loaf for his rehearsal dinner, with triple the glaze. The ham and pork sausage add mouthwatering flavor, and the glaze is nice and tangy.—Esther Martin Goshen, Indiana
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 8 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- In a several large bowls, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four loaves; place each in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/2 cup over each ham loaf; bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining glaze over loaves; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 loaves (12 servings each).
Originally published as Sausage Ham Loaves in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p39
Reviews forSausage Ham Loaves
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2008
"How well does this freeze? And how long can you keep this in your freezer?"