You can make and bake this saucy dish in less than an hour. "The Italian sausage really makes it a treat," remarks Mary Detweiler of West Farmington, Ohio. "I sometimes serve it over noodles for a complete meal."
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, sausage, beans and mushrooms; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Green Bean Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p8
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Green Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review