Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
"This is one of our favorite quick dishes," writes Alyce Wyman of Pembina, North Dakota. "My husband and I used to winter in Florida and after a day of gold, it was always a cinch to prepare this satisfying meal with a tossed salad."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble
- sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually
- add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Split biscuits in half; serve with sausage gravy. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit with 3/4 cup sausage gravy (prepared with reduced-fat sausage and fat-free milk) equals 444 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,105 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.