Sausage Gravy with Biscuits Recipe
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Split biscuits in half; serve with sausage gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
1 biscuit with 3/4 cup sausage gravy (prepared with reduced-fat sausage and fat-free milk) equals 444 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,105 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
"This is a keeper for certain."
"I made this for supper tonight. My husband really liked the blend of seasonings. Also it comes out well using skim milk. One thing that I think makes a huge difference is having a high quality pepper."
"This was very quick to prepare and really hit the spot on a cold day in January in western NY. While I am not a big fan of sausage gravy and biscuits and don't think it looks like much... I would certainly give this recipe TWO THUMBS UP! It has a nice flavor and a rich gravy. I did serve with a toss salad that improved the eye appeal for me. Definately a "do over.""