"This is one of our favorite quick dishes," writes Alyce Wyman of Pembina, North Dakota. "My husband and I used to winter in Florida and after a day of gold, it was always a cinch to prepare this satisfying meal with a tossed salad."
- 2 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Split biscuits in half; serve with sausage gravy. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Gravy with Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 13
Reviews for Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review