Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound sage-flavored bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook and stir until transparent. Drain, discarding all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Stir in flour; cook over medium-low heat about 6 minutes or until mixture bubbles and turns golden. Stir in milk. Add seasonings; cook, stirring, until thickened. To serve, slice biscuits and spoon gravy over halves. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Gravy(12)
Sort By :
easy to prepare - tastes great
I made this for my husband because he loves biscuits and gravy. He said it reminded him of something you would order in a restaurant.
This is amazing!
I too have never used another recipe. I made this the first time EVER when I got the 1st issue of TOH and it was such a hit with my entire family! I still get requests for this yummy meal. It's a really tummy warming dinner during the cold northern winters. I wouldn't even consider trying another recipe.
My picky husband loves.