Sausage Garden Quiche Recipe
This quiche is my favorite! I sometimes omit the sausage and add more garden fresh ingredients. It reheats nicely in the microwave, which I find especially handy after a busy day working as a postmaster in our small town.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach or Swiss chard
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 6 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 slices fresh tomato, halved
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in spinach, cheese, onion, chives, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully pour into crust.
- 3. Cook sausage according to package directions. Arrange sausage in a spoke pattern in egg mixture; place tomato slices between links. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 319 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 203 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Garden Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC