Sausage Garden Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach or Swiss chard
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 6 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 3 slices fresh tomato, halved
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove the foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in spinach, cheese, onion, chives, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully pour into crust.
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Arrange sausage in a spoke pattern in egg mixture; place tomato slices between links. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Garden Quiche(1)
Sort By :
This is an amazing quiche! I use an additional 1/3 cup of swiss cheese along with the cheddar and add diced red peppers, fresh sliced mushrooms, or practically any garden veggie I have on hand. I also use egg substitute instead of the real eggs, turkey sausage links and reduced fat cheeses to lighten it up a bit. It presents beautifully and tastes phenominal!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >