"I never seem to have pizza dough on hand, but that doesn't stop our family from enjoying pizza," reports Cherie Sweet. The Evansville, Indiana cook tops crusty French bread with creamy Alfredo sauce, sausage and veggies. "It's great to serve at a party for children or teens," she adds.
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3 cooked Italian sausage links, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the sausage, olives, red pepper, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage French Bread Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p20
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sausage French Bread Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review