Sausage Florentine Potpie Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, spinach, cream and cheeses; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place a phyllo sheet over top; brush with some of the butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Crimp edges of dough.
- 3. Whisk egg and water; brush over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 610 calories, 39 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 1,201 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.