- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, spinach, cream and cheeses; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place a phyllo sheet over top; brush with some of the butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough and butter. Crimp edges of dough.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Florentine Potpie
Sort By :
"My mother made this for dinner this past week. My husband came to dinner thinking he wouldn't like it. We all Loved this recipe. Thanks TOH."
"My husband made this for us (he NEVER cooks), and it was delicious and so easy he didn't even mess it up! Will definitely make again."