Sausage-Filled Stars Recipe
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add cheeses, peppers, chilies, olives and dressing mix; mix well. Set aside. Brush both sides of wrappers with oil; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet. Fill each with about 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage-Filled Stars
"Made these for this year's cookie party. I didn't make enough, as they were gone a half-hour into the party! I omitted the olives, as I am not the biggest olive fan and I had forgot to get them at the store!"
"This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I made this for my annual x-mas party about 3 years ago...it's ALWAYS gone before everything else. VERY GOOD!! **I did have trouble finding the wonton wrappers so I used the Filo pastries found in the frozen section..very good!!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.