My family loves these snacks with a savory sausage-cheese filling. The star shape makes them perfect for Christmas.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add cheeses,
- peppers, chilies, olives and dressing mix; mix well. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of wrappers with oil; press onto the bottom and up
- the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or
- until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet. Fill each with about
- 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 149 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.