My family loves these snacks with a savory sausage-cheese filling. The star shape makes them perfect for Christmas.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add cheeses, peppers, chilies, olives and dressing mix; mix well. Set aside. Brush both sides of wrappers with oil; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet. Fill each with about 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage-Filled Stars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sausage-Filled Stars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review