Sausage-Filled Crepes Recipe
I first made this recipe 30 years ago, when my children were young. It’s still one of their favorites and is always requested on special occasions.—Karen Collins, Westminster, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheeses and marjoram. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 4. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 5. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Combine sour cream and butter; spoon over crepes. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and sauce is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
2 filled crepes equals 376 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC