Rich and loaded with sausage, veggies and cheese, this family-pleasing dish will soon become a favorite. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked fettuccine
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into meat mixture. Transfer half of the sausage mixture to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; top with remaining sausage mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk soup and broth; spread over casseroles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 70 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Originally published as Sausage Fettuccine Bake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Fettuccine Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review