The secret to these fajitas is the quick herbal marinade. To save time, I marinate everything the night before. —Janie McClellan of Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Recommended: Speedy Skillet Dinners
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 3 cups julienned mixed sweet peppers
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the broth, oil, vinegar, soy sauce Worcestershire sauce, herbs and pepper; add the sausage, peppers, onion and mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain marinade, reserving 1/2 cup. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage and vegetables in reserved marinade for 9-11 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are tender. Spoon sausage mixture over half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and tomato. Fold over. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Fajitas in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p21
Reviews for Sausage Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review