Sausage Egg Subs Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 6 inches), split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the eggs over medium for 6-7 minutes or until nearly set. Add mushrooms, peppers and the sausage mixture. Cook until eggs are completely set and mixture is heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 576 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 459mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Sausage Egg Subs
"With a household of three hungry boys plus one husband, this is a nifty alternative to Saturday morning breakfast. It's a tasty breakfast sandwich that is very satisfying and doesn't last long on the plate!"