Sausage Egg Subs Recipe
Spicy chunks of sausage give winning flavor to this scrambled egg mixture from Dee Pasternak of Goshen, Indiana. Served in a bun, it's a satisfying all-in-one sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/4 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 6 inches), split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the eggs over medium for 6-7 minutes or until nearly set. Add mushrooms, peppers and the sausage mixture. Cook until eggs are completely set and mixture is heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 576 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 459 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC