Sausage Egg Subs
Spicy chunks of sausage give winning flavor to this scrambled egg mixture from Dee Pasternak of Goshen, Indiana. Served in a bun, it's a satisfying all-in-one sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 6 inches), split
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the eggs over medium for 6-7
- minutes or until nearly set. Add mushrooms, peppers and the sausage
- mixture. Cook until eggs are completely set and mixture is heated
- through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 576 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 459 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.