Sausage Egg Subs Recipe
Spicy chunks of sausage give winning flavor to this scrambled egg mixture from Dee Pasternak of Goshen, Indiana. Served in a bun, it's a satisfying all-in-one sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 6 inches), split
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the eggs over medium for 6-7 minutes or until nearly set. Add mushrooms, peppers and the sausage mixture. Cook until eggs are completely set and mixture is heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Subs in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p52
Reviews for Sausage Egg Subs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2009
With a household of three hungry boys plus one husband, this is a nifty alternative to Saturday morning breakfast. It's a tasty breakfast sandwich that is very satisfying and doesn't last long on the plate!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Egg Sandwiches >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Sandwiches >