Sausage Egg Squares Recipe
"Chock-full of sausage and cheesy flavor, this fluffy egg dish is an absolute winner for breakfast, lunch or anytime," confides Myrna Duke of Chelan, Washington. "Our four children and six grandkids request it often when they visit."
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 202 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC