Sausage Egg Squares Recipe
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 202 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Squares
"This is very good! I've made this many times with a few changes. I use cubed turkey sausage, no green pepper, onion, or chili,and 1/2 the biscuit mix. It has an excellent flavor."