"Chock-full of sausage and cheesy flavor, this fluffy egg dish is an absolute winner for breakfast, lunch or anytime," confides Myrna Duke of Chelan, Washington. "Our four children and six grandkids request it often when they visit."
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p7
Reviews for Sausage Egg Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
"This is very good! I've made this many times with a few changes. I use cubed turkey sausage, no green pepper, onion, or chili,and 1/2 the biscuit mix. It has an excellent flavor."