Sausage Egg Squares Recipe
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Egg Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
This is very good! I've made this many times with a few changes. I use cubed turkey sausage, no green pepper, onion, or chili,and 1/2 the biscuit mix. It has an excellent flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >