Sausage Egg Rolls Recipe
Janet Hommes, of Surprise, Arizona uses a packaged coleslaw mix for this easy eggroll, so it’s a breeze to put together. Serve it with your favorite brand of sweet ’n’ sour sauce to suit your family’s taste.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, pepper and salt; stir in sausage mixture.
- 2. Place 1/4 cupful of sausage mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: 16 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC